CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- These terms and conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing.
- Quotations are given on the basis of the most direct route and on the information provided by you. The route used will be at our discretion unless you have requested a particular route which will be specified in or quotation. All quotations are given subject to us having a suitable vehicle at the time you accept the quotation. Quotations are valid for 28 days unless otherwise notified. All prices quoted exclude parking plus any Airport charges.
- The Company shall not be responsible for failure to perform this contract by reason of accident, fire, tempest, strikes or any cause outside its control, though every effort will be made to maintain service confirmed. There can be no guarantee that the vehicle will perform the journey in any given time and the Company shall not be accountable for any loss, inconvenience or damage which may arise from any delay, traffic congestion, road accident or breakdown. The maximum liability for the company does not exceed the value of the hire.
- The hirer/s shall be responsible to the Company for any damage to the vehicle, its fittings or equipment through negligence, misconduct or any fault of the hirer/s or any passenger carried thereon.
- Whilst every precaution is taken, the company will not, in any case, be responsible for the loss or damage of or to any article placed or carried on their vehicles.
- The hirer/s undertake/s to be responsible for the orderly and satisfactory behaviour of the members of the party and their conduct shall not be such as to cause annoyance to the public.
- Under no circumstances may alcoholic drinks be carried or consumed on a vehicle without our permission. It is also illegal to carry or consume alcoholic drinks on a coach proceeding to or from designated sporting events and permission cannot be given in this case. Other than on a vehicle fitted expressly for the purpose, food and drink, except for small items of confectionery (such as sweets and chocolate) may not be consumed on the vehicle without our prior agreement or with the permission of the company. Alcohol may not be consumed on the vehicle, but it can be carried in the luggage compartment and consumed off the vehicle.
- The acceptance of this order is made subject to the vehicle of the type or size to be hired hereunder being available at the date upon which this is received by the Company.
- Should the hirer/s on the day of trip wish to extend or vary the route as specified on this form, such instructions must be written out and signed by hirer/s and given to the driver in which case an extra charge will be made according to the additional mileage covered and time, such charge to be computed in accordance with the Company’s tariff ruling on the date of trip. The hire/s cannot assume use of the vehicle between outward journey and return journeys, nor to remain at the destination for the hirer/s use unless agreed with the Company in advance.
- The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Any passenger whose conduct is in breach of statutory regulations or is abusive to any person may be removed on the driver’s authority. You will be held responsible for the conduct of passengers and for any damage caused to the vehicle by passengers during the hire. We will not accept liability for damage, injury or loss to any passenger entering or leaving the coach whilst in motion. Notification of any personal injury must be made within 3 days of incident.
- DRIVERS HOURS. By Act of Parliament all drivers are required to have 4.5 hours rest in any 12 hours duty or 10hours in 24. He/she must not be permitted to drive for more than 4.5 hours continuous. All hiring arrangements are entered into by the Company on the basis of the coach or coaches not being required for a longer period, special arrangements will be made if possible provided notice is given when booking. Drivers rest must be adhered to at all times.
- The vehicle is constructed to carry the number of passengers shown. The hirer/s shall not permit the vehicle to carry more than the permitted number for which it was designed and if the insurance policy of the Company in respect of the vehicle is violated by reason of the vehicle having been overloaded, the hirer/s will indemnify the Company against any loss arising there from. The company reserves the right to provide a larger vehicle than specified at no additional charge unless any extra seats are used in which case an additional pro rate charge will be made to the hirer/s. No luggage or goods may be carried inside the vehicle and all gangways and exists must be kept clear at all times.
- In the event of the Company being unable for reasons beyond its control to provide a suitable vehicle for the performance of this contract the Company shall have the right to obtain the due performance of its obligations hereunder by a third party, and performance by such third party shall be deemed to be a good discharge by the Company of its obligations hereunder.
- Price quoted may be increased if there are any unforeseen rises in running, or fuel costs.
- The balance for all hires is due not less than 14 working days prior to the departure date. Any hires received within 14 days of the departure date must be paid for in full at the time of booking. We accept payment by bank transfer, cash, credit card (payment by credit card may incur further charges) or bank drafts. Payment by cheque must be received by us with not less than 10 working days before the date of the departure to allow time for the payment to clear. We reserve the right to add interest at the rate of 2.5% per annum above the base rate from time to time of Barclays Bank Plc, after the date by which payment should have been made.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are carrying the correct currency for each country visited along with a current valid passport and appropriate visas for such countries.
- It is your responsibility alone to ensure that you remain within the current laws with regard to Duty Free and Duty Paid regulations. We shall not accept responsibility for the delay or confusion of goods of any offender whatsoever. Copies of these regulations are obtainable from every place of departure from Great Britain. The driver shall decide on the amount of heavy goods that the coach can legally carry. His decision is final. Passengers exceeding customs limits may be removed from the coach without further redress to the company.
- It is not compulsory to take out travel insurance although we highly recommend that you do especially when travelling outside of the United Kingdom. Please note that it is your responsibility alone to ensure that you are insured adequately and that you have the correct travel documents when travelling outside of the United Kingdom.
- DAYS PRIOR TO CANCELLATION OF COACH HIRE
10 days or more 25% of hire
6-9 days 50% of hire
3-5 days 75% of hire
1-2 days 100% of hire
- The cost of the Channel Crossing, accommodation, meals and theatre tickets which have already been purchased by the Company at the request of the hirer/s will be charged to the hirer/s plus any administration charges incurred by the Company.
- Cancellation due to inclement weather conditions will be charged as above.
145 NATHAN WAY
LONDON SE28 0AB
Tel: (44) 0208 858 0031
Website Terms and conditions of use
The term ‘Lewis Coaches’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 145 Nathan Way, Thamesmead, London SE28 0AB
Our company registration number is xxxxxx, in England & Wales. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
GDPR compliance statement
Lewis Coaches respects and complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Some of the key ways we comply with these regulations are:
We explain what you’re consenting to clearly and without ‘legalese’, and ask that you explicitly consent to contact from us.
In the event of a breach we will notify affected users within 72 hours of first having become aware of the breach.
Right to Access
Users can request confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, where and for what purpose. Further, we shall provide a copy of the personal data, free of charge, in an electronic format.
Right to be Forgotten
Once we have compared your (the subjects’) rights to “the public interest in the availability of the data”, we may delete your personal data where you have requested this.
We allow you to receive the personal data concerning you, which we will provide in a ‘commonly used and machine-readable format’ and you have the right to transmit that data to another ‘controller’.
Privacy by Design
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures, in an effective way, in order to meet the requirements of this Regulation and protect the rights of data subjects’. We hold and process only the data absolutely necessary for the completion of our duties (data minimisation), as well as limiting the access to personal data to those needing to act out the processing.
Section 1 – What do we do with your information?
If you choose to fill in a contact form on our website, we will store that information for 12 months and only use it for the purpose of contacting you in relation to that enquiry.
When you browse our site, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing: With your explicit permission, we may send you emails about our products and other updates.
Section 2 – Consent
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information we ask you to explicitly consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: 145 Nathan Way, Thamesmead, London SE28 0AB
Section 3 – Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so.
Section 4 – Data Storage
Your data is stored in Lewis Coaches database.
Section 5 – Third-party services & links
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
When you click on links on our site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Section 6 – Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your personal information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with industry-standard encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we implement generally accepted industry standards.
Section 7 – Cookies
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not. Opt-out by altering your web browser’s settings to reject cookies.
Google Analytics – we use Google Analytics to measure how our site is used by visitors and to generate reports for our own use. Google Analytics does not collect any personally identifiable information about you.
Questions and contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at 145 Nathan Way, Thamesmead, London SE28 0AB.